There are a lot of clichés about Paris. Some clichés may or may not be true, but there is one thing that one can not argue about and that is French pâtisserie. I have travelled quite a bit but I have never ever found a city that has so many incredible pastry stores than Paris. It makes me dizzy just thinking about all the pastry stores that I have yet to visit but it is the best excuse visiting Paris again and again and again. 
Last spring, I went to the pastry store "La Pâtisserie des Rêves" for the first time. I was really looking forward to visit this particular pâtisserie since I have heard quite a lot about their excellent pastries. "La Pâtisserie des Rêves" was founded by Philippe Conticini and Thierry Teyssier in 2009. The first "La Pâtisserie des Rêves" store was opened on rue du Bac (on the same street, there is the pastry store Angelina which I wrote about here) in the 7th arrondissement but over the past years, new outlets opened in other arrondissements in Paris and Tokyo, Kyoto, Milano and Abu Dhabi as well.
Philippe Conticini is a very well known pâtissier in the culinary world. He worked in Michelin starred restaurants and he invented the principles of the "verrines" in the 1990s which means that a dessert was served in a glass rather than on a plate. "La Pâtisserie des Rêves" focuses on classic French pastries but Philippe Conticini reinterprets the classic French pastries.
Thierry Teyssier developed the concept of the pastry store and it does not surprise that he has a background in theatre. "La Pâtisserie des Rêves" - it literally means the pastry shop of dreams - is a very special pastry shop and certainly not a ordinary shop with a cake counter. There is a carousel display in the center of the pastry shop, on the display there are sleek glass domes and inside the domes cakes are exhibited. It is like a merry-go-round; one walks round in circles while choosing the pastry one wants to buy. It is such a wonderful innovative concept, which I do like a lot. Furthermore, the design of the pâtisserie is modern, very bright and minimalistic at the same time. It does not surprise that the packaging of the cakes is unconventional, too. The cake comes not in a regular box but in a triangle cake box in the vibrant color pink.

After I circled around the carousel display over and over again, I decided to buy a Paris Brest cake which is made of a choux pastry and filled with a praline cream. The Paris Brest cake by the "La Pâtisserie des Rêves" is considered as one of the best in Paris, so as you might imagine my expectations were pretty high. Philippe Conticini describes his Paris Brest creation in the following video here.
By the way, the cake represents a bicycle wheel and it was created in 1910 by the pastry chef Luis Durand who wanted to pay tribute to the bicycle race which took place from Paris to Brest and back to Paris (the race takes place since 1891).

My bill of my Paris Brest
 pastry purchase. 
The praline cream filling of the Paris Brest is a dream. The cream is light, creamy and not too sweet. The praline flavor is strong because there is a pure liquid praline in the centre. The praline cream was definitely the best that I ever had in my life. I could not think of a more superb cream than the one Phillippe Conticini created. 
The choux pastry itself was a little bit disappointing because it was a bit soft and there was no crunch from the streusel top, there was no real texture. It might be my fault because I bought the Paris Brest cake at lunchtime but I did not eat it right away and waited three hours until I consumed the cake. That is probably the reason why the choux pastry became a little bit soft. I wish I ate the Paris Brest right away when I bought it.
Would I visit "La Pâtisserie des Rêves" again? My answer is, absolutely yes. I love the concept of the pastry store and although, I was a little disappointed of the Paris Brest, I would love to try other cake creations by Philippe Conticini. I would also buy the Paris Brest cake again and eat it right away and I am sure that I won't be dissapointed by the choux pastry.
Right around the corner of the "La Pâtisserie des Rêves" on the rue de Bac, there is a little square with a few park benches which is the perfect spot for having a cake break.
Next time - when I am in Paris - you know where you will find me.

Address:
La Pâtisserie des Rêves
93 rue de Bac
75007 Paris
Opening hours:
Monday: closed
Tuesday to Saturday: 9 am to 8 pm
Sunday: 9 am to 6 pm
 The opening hours and addresses of the other outlets of 
"La Pâtisserie des Rêves" check here