This month it's all about financiers. 
I made blueberry financiers, raspberry financiers, a few dozens of chocolate financiers, orange financiers and coconut white chocolate financiers. Next on my list are matcha financiers. I have a feeling that matcha financiers will be another favorite of mine since everything tastes great with matcha or anything that has a green tea flavor. At least I think so. Maybe because I am a green tea-holic. 
I don't know how many financiers I made in the last three weeks but I know that I made more than 100 financiers. Let alone on Sunday I made more than 50 financiers. Sigh. Yes, I am addicted and I do not mind being a financier-holic; and you don't have to worry about me. I did not eat all finaciers because I gave most of them away and made other humans happy. Who does not like a petite cake which is the moistest and delicate cake that you can imagine? Financiers might not look spectacular, such as a raspberry mascarpone tartlet (my recipe is here) but don't be fooled by the simple shape of these petite cakes because as soon as you bite into a financier you will understand why I rave so much about financiers. 
I already shared my raspberry financiers here and my chocolate financiers here and today I want to share with  you my recipe of coconut white chocolate financiers.


Makes 16 financiers

INGREDIENTS

  • 125 g unsalted butter
  • 135 g powdered sugar
  • 45 g all-purpose flour
  • 90 g almond flour
  • 4 egg whites
  • 100 g white chocolate, roughly chopped
  • 50 g unsweetened coconut flakes

DIRECTIONS

  • Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
  • I use silicon moulds, so I don’t grease and flour the moulds. If you use other moulds butter and flour the moulds. If you don't have financier moulds you can use a muffin tin as well.  
  • Melt the butter over medium heat until the butter turns golden brown color and develops a nutty flavor (beurre noisette). 
  • Sift confectioners' sugar and flour into a bowl. Add almond flour and coconut flakes and mix well. 
  • Whisk the egg whites in another bowl until they form light foam (use a egg whisk).
  • Make a well in the flour mixture and tip in the egg whites. Add the beurre noisette gradually and mix well until all ingredients are well combined. 
  • Fold in the roughly chopped white chocolate into the mixture. 
  • You can also make chocolate financiers from the same batter. Replace the coconut flakes and white chocolate with 100 g roughly chopped milk, dark or noisette chocolate (I like noisette chocolate the best because the financiers will taste like a delicate praline) and 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cacao.
  • Divide the cake batter evenly into the financiers moulds (about 1 tablespoon for each financier mould). 
  • Bake for 10 to 11 minutes. If you use a muffin tin [fill the muffin moulds half full] and bake the financier for about 15 to 17 minutes.  
  • Let the financiers cool for a few minutes. Remove from the moulds. 
  • Store the financiers in an airtight container (up to a week).