My dear readers, I wish I could give each and every one of you a mini apple cinnamon kugelhopf because these little mini cakes look so adorable. I keep staring at my little cake creations and cannot get over it how picture-perfect my cakes are. The little cakes look too good to eat. But then I keep telling myself I can make ever day the rest of my life little kugelhopf cakes which I might one day. If I owned a bakery I would give each of my customers a free mini kugelhopf with every purchase. I am sure I would make every human being on this planet happy. Who does not want to have a mini kugelhopf? I still do not know if I should call these little cakes apple cinnamon cakes or just cinnamon cakes because the apple flavor is not very strong. It is a cinnamon cake with a hint of apple flavor (and adds some moisture to the cake).



Makes 18 little cakes or 1 big cake

INGREDIENTS

  • 3 eggs, medium size
  • 200 g granulated sugar
  • 150 g pastry flour
  • 2 tablespoons baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 2 apples, medium size
  • 75 g unsalted butter
  • 100 ml milk
  • 2 tablespoons almonds flakes
  • Powdered sugar

DIRECTIONS

  • Preheat the oven to 175 °C.
  • Grease and flour your moulds. If you use a silicon moulds you don’t need to grease or flour the moulds.
  • Melt the butter.
  • Whisk eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
  • Mix flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
  • Peel and grate the apples.
  • Add melted butter, grated apples, milk and flour to the egg-sugar mixture. Mix until everything is well combined.
  • Pour the batter into the moulds. Sprinkle the top of each mould with almond flakes
  • Bake the mini cakes for 10 to 12 minutes. Since I have not tried out the recipe for a larger cake pan, I can’t tell you the exact baking time. But I guess it will be around 40 to 45 minutes. To prove if the cake is done insert a toothpick into the cake and if it comes out clear the cake is done.
  • Let the cakes cool; unmold the cakes. Dust with powdered sugar.